Soo Urban, DO
MD Kids Pediatrics Cedar Hill
- B.A. in Biology at Baylor University in Waco, Texas
- Medical degree from UNT Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine in Fort Worth, TX
- Pediatric Residency at Good Samaritan Hospital and NYU Winthrop University Hospital in New York
- I am originally from South Korea and lived in Korea until I was 8 years old. I moved to the U.S. afterwards and have spent most of my childhood in Lewisville, Texas. In college, I realized that I truly loved caring for others and wanted to use my passion for serving others in medicine. I am grateful to God and my parents for directing my passion to medicine.
- I received my medical degree in Fort Worth and then moved to New York for my residency training. During medical school, I served as a Sunday School teacher where I realized I loved working with kids and loved seeing their smiles and pure hearts every day. I was fortunate to train at one of the busiest and diverse outpatient government clinics and hospitals where I was exposed to variety of illnesses and conditions I may not have otherwise seen. Some of the areas I am interested in are asthma and preventative medicine. I enjoy providing education and guidance during each new and exciting stage of a child’s life. It is a joy to be able to be there for a family during ups and downs of life.
- After have been away for a few years, I am excited to be back in my hometown in Dallas, TX. I love to spend time with my sweet husband, my half German shepherd/Blue Tick coon hound puppy, and with my family and friends. I enjoy serving at church, trying new restaurants, hiking, coffee shops, film photography and traveling.
Awards & Recognitions
- Dean’s Scholarship- Baylor University
- Board Certification from American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Osteopathic Pediatrics